At Impact Education, we offer 1:1 specialist literacy tuition for children who are ‘at risk of’ or have been diagnosed with a learning difficulty, such as dyslexia.
All our specialist teachers have undergone extensive training to deliver evidence-based literacy intervention in learning difficulties.
Our extensive expertise, together with evidence-based phonic approach, helps students to understand the logical structure of written language. Specialist tuition focuses on improving spelling, reading fluency, writing and comprehension. Each lesson is:
- Multi-sensory – using different senses such as auditory, visual and kinaesthetic
- Cumulative - building on previous steps and working at the right confidence level
- Structured - small steps, using routines, order and logical sequences
- Explicit – clear, systematic and direct
- Dynamic – short, varied, purposeful and effective
- Purposeful - relevant, tailored to student’s strengths and weaknesses.
Students we’ve worked with show an average of 2 years gains in as little as 6 months!
With appropriate support, learning difficulties need not be a barrier to success.
A call from a specialist will provide you with honest, expert advice and point you in the right direction.